Friday, May 04, 2007

Big Time Brownie Points!


Selling Cars and Catching Gars!
Ask For Donnie Hinkle "West Point Lake Gar Grabber"

I took my General Manager from Mike Patton Auto Family Gar Fishing with me yesterday evening. We got off about an hour early, just as your allowed to do just as long as you take the boss Longnose Gar Fishing with you.

It was about 7:00 when we reached my main honey hole, you know, the one your supposed to take your boss Gar Fishing at if you want him to catch a big gar and will gain favor with him for at least a short time. Or at least until I goof up again which will certainly happen sooner or later. Anyway, The Gar gods were with me because the first and biggest fish was caught after only about ten minutes of fishing by Mike, and the fight was on!

Every time Mike would get this big boy to the boat, off it would go on another long pole bending line stripping run. After several runs and a few acrobatic leaps right next to the boat, which took about ten minutes total time, Mike landed his first big Longnose gar! It was a nice one too! 15lbs-7oz and 52 inches long!

If I was at all in the dog house, I'm now out of it! At least for a while. Until I goof up again anyway, right! Maybe I should go ahead and plan a few more fishing trips with Mike just in case.





















No comments: