Sunday, May 22, 2011

West Point Lake Gar Fishing 18 Pounds 1ounce 51 Inches Gar Today

Today was a scouting day for a guide trip I have coming up next Tuesday with Jeff and his son or sons. Jeff, I spotted some big gals today and I know just where to go for a great day on the water for Tuesday..




I went ahead and got it out of my system early today with a nice 18 pound 1 ounce fighter that measure 51 inches long. Before that I let three Gar get loose that on purpose that you would have been proud to catch as well.

The water temperature is finally got well into the 80's today which means that Gar are getting active rather than sort of lethargic as they have been with the fluctuating water temperatures we've had over that last few weeks.

In summary, it's going to be a great day for you guys and I can't wait to introduce you to the best and most exciting game fish on West Point Lake!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: