Tuesday, May 03, 2011

2011 Longnose Gar Season Has Begun On West Point Lake

2011 Longnose Gar Season Has Begun On West Point Lake



After about two weeks of Gar sightings I tossed my ropelure in front of this nice 15 pound 51 inch Gar and he splammed it's teeth shut on it. As you can see in the video it layed down for me for a moment then once it was near the boat and saw my ugly face, it stipped out so much line that it found a tangle in my spool just as it can to a stop.

I also saw a fairly large black Gar that nipped at my lure but didn't take it. Then after moving to another location I found Garzilla! She was in about a foot of water, in a spawning mood and wouldn't have a thing to do with my lure.

In the next few weeks after this hopefully last cool front Gar Fishing will begin to really light up, and I can't wait!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: