Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gar Bite! This Is Why We Wear Gloves!!!


Selling Cars and Catching Gars!
Ask For Donnie Hinkle "West Point Lake Gar Grabber"

This video was taken on a Gar Fishing trip my daughter Shelley and I made on Tuesday May 13th, 2008. Shelley just happened to be taking a video shot while I was landing this Gar when it suddenly struck at my hand like a rattlesnake! It kind of startled me because I've never had one to intentionally bite me before. On this particular day all the Gar were very aggressive and I left the lake that day with a back injury either when I snatched my hand back from the Gar or while trying to tame one on these brutes in the boat. Anyway here is the video and I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this post.





Click Image To View The Video














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh :/ Big Northern pike or muskie will do the same..heck for the matter, grab a big pickeral/Walleye an they'll do the same. Good size Longnose thou, Cheers

Donnie Hinkle said...

I'd like to get into some Muskie now!