Tuesday, April 18, 2006

First Gar Of 2006


Selling Cars and Catching Gars!
Ask For Donnie Hinkle "West Point Lake Gar Grabber"


My 2006 Gar season began in a Huge way today. I started out fishing my favorite late spring and summer hot spots but there wasn't a Gar to be found. Timmy told me that last week he went up river toward Franklin Georgia to fish for Hybirds and that he saw some very big Gar but wasn't prepared to catch any of them. So, I decided to head up river to see if I could find them. I found them alright. In one place they were stacked up like lumber! They were cruising the bank in about a two hundred yard stretch. I couldn't really spot that big one I was looking for so I decided to blind cast out deeper from the bank. It payed off quickly with a nice 11 pounder. Since fishing deeper seemed to be the key for bigger Gar I continued the blind cast for them. After catching several nice Gar I finally snagged a very nice Longnose. It weighed in at 18 lbs-3oz. Over all a very successful day off. I'll definantly be going back there soon.

























No comments: