Sunday, August 21, 2005

Good Day At West Point Lake


Selling Cars and Catching Gars!
Ask For Donnie Hinkle "West Point Lake Gar Grabber"


Took another Gar Fishing trip out on West Point Lake today. Talking about hot! But if you fish for Longnose Gar you know that that's the way they like it.

I started fishing at a new spot I discovered this year. It was very muddy from the runoff of recent rains but I managed to catch two and hung a really big one for a brief moment, but as luck would go it never got tangled enough from the start and swam off into the muddy water about as quickly as I hung it.

Then I moved back to one of my favorite honey holes and caught three more. One of which became the fish of the day. Pictures to prove it!

I then scouted around and discovered another new place I've be missing which was right under my nose. Straight accross from the boat ramp I usually put in at. There I caught two more Gar. Over all a very successfull day when you include the discovery of a new fishing hole.

No comments: