Monday, June 19, 2006

Fathers Day Gar Fishing Trip


Selling Cars and Catching Gars!
Ask For Donnie Hinkle "West Point Lake Gar Grabber"

I went Gar Fishing On Fathers day with my two kids Neil And Shelley. With all of our busy schedules it's tough to get on the lake together but I'm glad we were able to fish together on fathers day. Neil and Shelley haven't ever gar fished before so I knew they were in for a real treat. Shelley started out the day with a nice 38" longnose, her first ever. I handled the first Gar to show them how it's done. After that they were on their own and they done a great job teaming on a release together without my help. Then Neil caught one. It wasn't as big as Shelley's but still a nice catch for his first. Now it was time for dad to get a little action. We had a tough time getting the big ones to bite but I did manage to catch a decent size Gar after all. When all was said and done we caught 4 Gar total and I had a great day out on the lake with Neil and Shelley.

The first picture is not a Wooly Mammoth holding a Gar. Although they are both prehistoric animals only the Gar is the prehistoric beast in this picture. The other is just Neil, my son. He just needs a hair cut about as bad as I did when I was his age. I have to look at my high school senior picture to put things in perspective when I look at this picture. Well Neil, I had to cut mine and you're hair cut is coming soon.

Love, Dad.












No comments: