Tuesday, July 27, 2004

What a Chunk this one was


Selling Cars and Catching Gars!
Ask For Donnie Hinkle "West Point Lake Gar Grabber"

I Went fishing by myself on my normal Tuesday off. I'm still using the 1/2oz bullet weight with my homemade rope lure. This time I thought I would stop in at the Pic Nic Basket Bait and Tackle Shop to pick up some red dye with garlic scent. I used it in the spring with good success but I've been out for some time now. I'm not sure if the dye did it but I caught my biggest Longnose Gar of the month using it. It had to weight almost 15-20 lbs. Talking about a chunk now! It was about 50 inches long and fat fat fat! I wished I had someone with me to take a picture of me with this awesome specimen of a fish. I tried to hold it while I set the timer on my digital camera but as I held it off the side of the boat in case it got rowdy that's just what It did and Fatty slipped from my hand and into the water. I guess that's better than getting bit trying to do something that difficult.

No comments: